We’re brewing up a new offering in New Plymouth! If you’re a culinary wizard that enjoys a good beer and has a passion for food, we’re on the hunt for a Head Chef to lead the kitchen in our new brew bar and restaurant in Taranaki.
Why should you work for us?
* New brew-bar business with high growth ambitions
* Opportunity for further growth and expansion
* Fun, professional, unique working environment
* High quality new venue in a great location
* Shape the hospitality career you want for yourself and junior staff
* Work with a driven ownership team that is dedicated to producing and serving top-quality hand-crafted beers and cuisine in a fun hospitable setting
Skills and Experience:
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar kitchen leadership role
* Food / Beverage pairing skills
* Food safety knowledge
* Cost optimisation and food ordering/management
* Beer enthusiast – not a requirement but would be helpful
* A leader who will takes ownership of the restaurant and inspires our staff to work with passion
* A go getter, with a contagious positive attitude that contributes their thoughts and ideas and helps build our culture and brand with both the staff and customers
* Works collaboratively with the FOH Manager, Head Brewer and management team
* Exemplify passion about our products, our standards, and leads the entire team to ensure that our culture is promoted throughout the entire brewery and restaurant.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Develop and create menu, with cost-efficient and creative recipes that can be implemented by training to the entire back of the house
* Assist in development of food inventory, food prep, and food and supply ordering procedures and policies
* Oversee all ordering of products and equipment and equipment maintenance. Manage communication with vendors
* Responsible for the hiring, development, and overseeing all staff within the back of the house
* Create and maintain labor schedule, labor costs and manage BOH staff
* Facilitate high standard of safety and sanitation in the kitchen and comply with all nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
* Maintain budgets and financial goals according to expectations
* Attends weekly meeting with ownership team and FOH Manager
* Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers and work collaboratively with FOH manager and management
* Competitive salary and company bonus structure
How to apply
* Please apply with cover letter and CV before 5pm on Tuesday 12th March 2019.