McCashin’s Brewery are looking for Brewer/Cellar Hand to join our talented team.
Are you experienced brewer or would you like to enter the industry?
The successful applicant will be part of our Brewing team required to produce high quality, award winning beers, ciders, spirits and non-alcoholics. You will be expected to work in all Brewery areas, from cellar cleaning duties, raw materials management, fermentation, filtration, kegging to brewing and cider making.
This is a hands-on job, involving physical work, so a good level of fitness is required.
Responsibilities – Job Role:
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate high attention to detail and quality. They will need to have a strong work ethic, be able to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the brewing process (if experienced)
• Good time management
• A positive attitude and a team player
• Be physically fit
• Able to lift heavy objects
• Good written and verbal communication skills as well as being computer literate
• Be health and safety focussed
• Hygiene and tidiness are essential (Brewing is cleaning after all)
• Be quality focused and have a sense of ownership for their job and work area(s)
• The ability to deliver under pressure.
• Have a love and passion for good quality beer, cider, spirits etc.
Applicant Advantages but not essential:
• A Qualification in Brewing, Food Technology, Science would be advantageous
• Ideally a minimum of one year previous commercial Brewing Experience or two years home-brewing experience, cellar hand experience (winery)
• Experience handling chemicals
• Experience with QA & QC
• Have a demonstrated record of getting results and working as a motivated Team player
• Be willing to learn and upskill yourself through brewing education and attending brewing functions
• Forklift experience
This is a full-time position, 40 hour per week role however during peak periods shift work and occasional weekend may be required.
If this sounds like you, fire your CV and cover letter through to email@example.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Company Key Values
Consistent approach to our work and promoting ideas
Identifying talent amongst our team and further training opportunities
Being competitive in market and maintaining growth
Produce high quality products and service that we can be proud of
Value our customers
Eliminate waste and embrace the tenacity to always look at improving business.
Being a safe place that everyone is proud to work, including being fun and rewarding
Being family friendly